- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration (06/03/2014)
- Traditional Trades in George Town Discovery Walk (08/03/2014)
- George Town’s Historic Commercial & Civic Precincts’ Discovery Walk (16/03/2014)
- 29th Women’s World Open Squash Championship (18/03/2014)
- Armenian Street's Got Talent 文艺达人巷 (22/03/2014)
- Last Fri, Sat, Sun of the Month (March 30, 2014)
- Little Penang Street Market (30/03/2014)
- A Night at No. 57 Macalister (11/04/2014)
- Penang World Music Festival (April 12, 2014)
- SINBAD the Musical (02/05/2014)
- Penang International Dragon Boat Festival (07/06/2014)
- George Town Festival 2014 (01/08/2014)
- Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM) 2014 (16/11/2014)
Take an amazing tour around George Town to discover the unique painted walls mimicking life in the city and the wrought-iron caricatures with anecdotal descriptions of the streets that they adorn. Get a copy of the Penang Street Art Brochure here.
Weekend Highlights (Jan - Mar 2014)
A fascinating fusion of the East and West, Penang embraces modernity while retaining its traditions and old world charm. These are reflected in its harmonious multiracial populace and well-preserved heritage buildings which led to George Town being accorded a listing as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site recently.
Long regarded as the food capital of Malaysia, Penang also entices visitors with its beautiful coasts and scrumptious cuisines.
Penang, MICE Destination
Penang’s alluring charms and unique attributes together with its many-faceted cultures make it a favourite of many as a Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Exhibitions (MICE) destination.
The easy going lifestyle on Penang is a result of the melting pot of cultures, religions and food. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of George Town in particular, is a total fusion of Chinese, Malay, Indian and other races, evidence of which is apparent everywhere, from cuisine to architecture.
The fascinating culture is complemented by golden beaches and tranquil seas. One would have to search far and wide to find an island blessed with so many natural attractions. It is truly a tropical paradise that offers something for everyone, from historical buffs and nature park enthusiasts to those just wanting to relax on a sun-drenched beach.
The Weld Quay Clan Jetties Waterfront Settlement
The houses used to have atap roofs but these have since been replaced with zinc sheets. The six clan jetties may be located at the backwaters of George Town but the 6ha area is home to a priceless piece of Penang’s history and a living heritage that serves as a reminder of one of South East Asia’s most important maritime ports.
Malaysia My 2nd Home Programme
Thinking of settling in Penang? The Malaysia My 2nd Home (MM2H) programme allows citizens of other countries to retire and reside in Malaysia with their spouses, children, parents and even in-laws.
MM2H is promoted by the Government of Malaysia to allow foreigners who fulfill certain criteria, to stay in Malaysia for as long as possible on a multiple-entry social visit pass.